Whether you’re looking to gain work experience and broaden your horizons, fulfil your passion for environmental issues or simply want to give a few hours a week to a cause that benefits your community, Groundwork can help you to do something special.
We regularly work with volunteers and value the contribution they make to our projects. Volunteering with us could put you in a strong position to progress into paid employment with us or another employer. Many of our existing employees began their careers with us as volunteers. If you're interested in volunteering with us please email email@example.com with the following information:
- A copy of your CV or summary of your experience, and what you feel you have to offer us as a volunteer
- What type of projects you are interested in taking part in (e.g. gardening, environmental, administrative, communications etc.) or if there is a specific project or programme which interests you
- Which area of London best suits you in terms of travelling to our sites and offices
- Which days and times you are available, and the length of time you are able to commit as a volunteer
Current volunteering opportunitiesProject Specific Volunteer Intern with Groundwork London Community Team
Are you interested in obtaining experience in community work and project management? Could you give 1-3 days a week to volunteer within a fast growing environmental charity?
Groundwork London is currently looking for a dedicated volunteer to assist the Community Team with our exciting Silver Linings project, working with people over 50.
Groundwork London delivers four clubs for people over 50 in Hackney with activities ranging from cooking to crafts. The volunteer role will be to support the project manager with monitoring and evaluation with the older people and data entry. The successful candidate will gain great experience in community engagement.
An internship with us will allow you to gain experience:
• Working as part of a diverse and busy community project delivery team
• Improved project management skills
• Working with hard to reach community groups
• Delivering community projects
We will provide:
• Support with the role and with your personal development
• Lunch and travel expenses
• Reference upon request for the duration of the project
• Training opportunities e.g. Health & Safety, Equality & Diversity, Project Planning & Delivery etc
The successful candidate would need to be available on Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays, and have basic use of Microsoft packages including excel. Availability of 1-3 days a week and 3-6 months in duration will be considered.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why you’re interested in the role, by 9th March, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a Conservation Volunteer at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
Just as the Games Makers became a defining feature of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, our growing family of volunteers embody the spirit and energy of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park. Groundwork is coordinating a programme of conservation volunteering in the park. To sign up or for more information, please click here.
Become a Brokerage Administration Volunteer
We are currently looking for a dedicated volunteer to assist the administrative and customer relations side of our Volunteer Service for 1 to 3 days a week over a period of 3 months (flexible and with opportunities for extension). Our Volunteer Service helps people who want to volunteer find organisations that need volunteers. The role involves supporting our database, helping answer enquiries and track communications with volunteers and organisations. The role also has a focus on customer relations which means supporting our volunteer brokers to carry out feedback questionnaires and surveys. The volunteer must be happy with making calls to our service users and have basic IT skills.
Groundwork London is an inclusive environment and we welcome volunteers with additional support needs. For more information, please contact email@example.com
Wondering what it's like to volunteer with Groundwork?
Read Lorna's story.
Please note, Groundwork London does not accept CVs or employment enquiries, that are not related to an advertised position. View our latest job vacancies.