Volunteers will assist Family Mentors to deliver the SSBC Family Mentor programme across Bulwell & Aspley. Volunteers will be supporting families to increase their confidence and ability in group activities such as Triple P, Active Play, Stay in Play, Songs & Rhythm, Birth, Bump & Baby, Infant Massage and Cook & Eat.
Volunteers role to include:
· Help with the smooth running of group sessions
· Welcoming families on arrival
· Helping parents complete consent forms
· Supporting children’s crèche activities
· Becoming a ‘Family Buddy’ – Supporting parents to attend sessions
· Telephone follow up contact with families.
· Attending community events to showcase SSBC
· Additional activities as role develops
Volunteer Family Mentors will show a commitment to:
· The aims of Small Steps Big Changes.
· Improving outcomes for children.
· Working in a non-judgmental and inclusive way with all members of the community.
· Be reliable.
· Complete training as required and make use of skills gained.
· Attend catch up meetings required with volunteer coordinator.
· Ensuring the safeguarding of children.
· Show commitment to supporting group sessions.
Volunteer’s travel costs will be covered/reimbursed when traveling to and from activities for SSBC.