Guidlines for Application
YOUNG PEOPLE PARTICIPATION WORKER
(D2N2 TALENT MATCH, YOUNG AND SUCCESSFUL)
Part time 26 hours per week, £20,200 per annum pro rata – Temporary Maternity Cover
Do you have the ability to motivate, encourage and support young people? Are you a team player, driven to make a real difference - if so then please read on.
We wish to recruit a highly motivated, passionate and skilled individual to join our Young People Participation team working across Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire, based in Nottingham. The role will be responsible for developing and delivering a programme which trains and supports young people to shape the services they receive and in doing so, develop their employability, discover new skills and build self-esteem.
Groundwork Greater Nottingham is a dynamic, forward thinking and professional organisation which seeks to deliver a society where individuals thrive and enterprise prospers. The role will be working on our Big Lottery Funded D2N2 Talent Match programme “Young and Successful”, focussed on the needs of 18-24 year olds who have been out of work or not accessed training for at least 12 months to help them overcome barriers to progression and go on to fulfil their potential.
The purpose of this role is to ensure the strong participation of young people in the planning, management and evaluation of the programme. Specific examples include training young people to become active Project Board Members, Evaluation Champions and Programme Ambassadors. Working both independently and as part of a team towards achieving targets which ensure that young people are the driving force of the project, so the future really is in the hands of the Young and Successful!
The successful person will have:-
- At least 2 years experience of direct work in a professional capacity with children/young people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to nurture and encourage young people to share their ideas and experiences
- Ability to support young people to develop new skills and confidence to enhance their employability.
- Ability to think creatively and imaginatively about approaches to participation
- Excellent relationship management skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work under own supervision as well as part of a team
- Ability to maintain administrative systems required in relation to the role.
- Ability to plan and deliver events and training sessions for young people.
For other essential and desirable requirements please refer to the role profile.
For further information or to apply for this job, please contact David Bentley on 07496191076 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application form and role profile
Completed application forms to be returned to:
email@example.com electronically by 5.00pm on Wednesday 3rd May 2017.
Interviews to be held on Friday 19th May.
Follow us on social media to recieve the lastest vacancies from us & our partners.