Affinity Sutton is one of the largest providers of affordable housing in England. Through its Community Grants Programme, it awards grants of between £1,000 and £5,000 to charities, community organisations and voluntary groups for projects which primarily benefit its residents.
The programme is being managed by Groundwork.
- You must be a member of a community, voluntary or charity group;
- You are a charity or constituted group with a governing document in the name of your group /organisation;
- Your group/organisation’s annual income last year was less than £500,000;
- Your group/organisation’s management committee consists of at least 3 unrelated members;
- You are requesting a grant of between £1,000 and £5,000;
- Your project will primarily support Affinity Sutton residents;
- Your group/organisation has the relevant insurance and policies in place;
- Your project has received written permission from the Landowner if relevant (e.g. for open spaces projects).
- Your project will be completed within 12 months.
All projects funded through the programme must also contribute towards at least one of the following outcomes:
- The project engages Affinity Sutton residents in positive activities; or
- The project offers support services to Affinity Sutton residents; or
- The project improves the environment and community space.
All applicants should consider equality and diversity when thinking about how their project will engage the wider community.
Closing Dates for Applications
The grants panel meets twice a year. The closing dates for applications in 2016 are:
- 22nd February 2016
- 9th September 2016 (12 noon)
To apply for a grant please complete an application form via our online Programme Management System ‘Gifts’. We will be revising the programme guidance shortly to reflect this change. If you have any queries or need any technical support to complete your project application online please contact us on 0121 236 8565.
Eligibility Quiz and Application Form
Guidance/FAQs (PDF document)
Support Pack (PDF document) -includes guidance on outcomes, managing a capital project, enegaging the community, involving volunteers and events.
Comms Toolkit (Word document) - includes PR advice, a template press release and social media messages.
Should you have any queries, please refer to the Guidance/FAQs document above.
You can also contact Groundwork UK on 0121 236 8565 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.