Affinity Sutton is one of the largest providers of affordable housing in England. Through its Community Grants Programme, it awards grants of between £1,000 and £5,000 to charities, community organisations and voluntary groups for projects which primarily benefit its residents.
The programme is being managed by Groundwork.
- You must be a member of a community, voluntary or charity group;
- You are a charity or constituted group with a governing document in the name of your group /organisation;
- Your group/organisation’s annual income last year was less than £500,000;
- Your group/organisation’s management committee consists of at least 3 unrelated members;
- You are requesting a grant of between £1,000 and £5,000;
- Your project will primarily support Affinity Sutton residents;
- Your group/organisation has the relevant insurance and policies in place;
- Your project has received written permission from the Landowner if relevant (e.g. for open spaces projects);
- Your project will be completed within 12 months;
- Your project will take place within 10 miles of an Affinity Sutton Housing area;
- Your group/organisation has not received a grant from this programme during the previous 2 funding rounds (i.e. during the previous 12 months);
- Your group/organisation has met the terms and conditions of any previous grant(s) awarded through this programme.
All projects funded through the programme must engage Affinity Sutton residents in positive activities.
All applicants should consider equality and diversity when thinking about how their project will engage the wider community.
Closing Dates for Applications
The grants panel meets twice a year. The closing dates for applications in 2016 are:
- 22nd February 2016 (12 noon) - Closed
- 9th September 2016 (12 noon) - Closed
To apply for a grant please complete an application form via our online Programme Management System ‘Gifts’. If you have any queries or need any technical support to complete your project application online please contact us on 0121 236 8565.
Eligibility Quiz and Application Form
Guidance/FAQs (Word document)
Support Pack (PDF document) -includes guidance on outcomes, managing a capital project, engaging the community, involving volunteers and events.
Comms Toolkit (Word document) - includes PR advice, a template press release and social media messages.
Should you have any queries, please refer to the Guidance/FAQs document above.
You can also contact Groundwork UK on 0121 236 8565 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.