From 2012 to March 2017, Groundwork UK worked in partnership with the DHL UK Foundation to deliver their Transform It! small grants programme. The programme was open to all DHL employees working alongside a community group and a fantastic variety of community projects from scout huts to boxing clubs benefitted from a Transform It! grant.
The programme was designed to live up to its name and achieve 'transformational' change that benefitted disadvantaged children and young people across the UK. Grants of up to £10,000 were available to fund projects that helped young people and met the following criteria:
• Made a transformational and positive change to the lives of disadvantaged children or young people
• Ensured both value for money and sustainability in terms of durability and maintenance
• Provided DHL employee-volunteering opportunities
• Was a visible project within the local community, with demonstrable impact and;
• Provided opportunities for young people to improve skills and prospects through volunteering activity in their community.
Read Phil's, Nathan's and Colin's stories to find out more about the projects the the Transform It! programme funded.
Find out more about the projects that benefitted from a Transform It! grant by clicking on the icons below: