The Groundwork Energyworks service began in Rochdale and has grown in success, expanding across the whole of Greater Manchester, building networks and forging strong partnerships along the way. Our Green Doctors are helping residents make their homes warmer, more energy efficient and healthier places to live. We work with landlords, local authorities, health partners and residents to tackle the problem of fuel poverty in our local communities.
In 2017/18 we supported 2015 households, saved residents £222,010 by installing small measures, and helped people to save a total of £50,444 through switching. We referred 651 properties for large ECO measures and distributed 256 winter warm packs.
We offer free 1:1 home visits, available for all types of tenancies which will include a combination of the following:
- Advice to reduce energy use in the home.
- Support to find and switch to better energy deals, help to apply for financial support such as the Warm Home Discount Scheme, priority service register and debt payment plans.
- Free installation of energy saving measures e.g. low energy bulbs, radiator foils, draught proofing and power down devices.
- Identifying whether you are eligible for funding for more substantial energy saving measures such as cavity wall insulation, loft insulation, boiler replacement or even a full gas central heating system.
- Advice on managing your money better, help to identify fraud and access financial information and services
- Referring you to our partner organisations for support with other issues you may be facing.
Our Team also regularly:
- Attend local events, giving free energy saving advice and showcasing the support we can offer.
- Deliver interactive presentations to residents and groups which can include energy saving advice, smart meter information, how to use comparison sites plus lots more.
- Train frontline workers of vulnerable clients in how to spot fuel poverty and simple techniques which may help.
Our Green Doctors are qualified Domestic Energy Assessors and can also provide an Energy Performance Certificate for your house.
Book online for a free home visit: *link coming soon*
Or for advice, further information or to ask any questions, ring 0161 785 7417 from Monday to Friday between 10am to 4pm (if no answer please leave a message and we'll get back to you as soon as possible)
OR drop us an email on email@example.com
Twitter: GW_energyworks Facebook: Energyworks Groundwork Instagram: Energyworksgroundwork
Links and Resources
Our online Groundwork Switch service will help you to compare energy deals to find the one that suits you best.
https://energyhelpline.com/groundwork / 0800 074 0745
Please feel free to print and share these PDF leaflets and posters:
Large poster (A3)