Please take some time to read the eligibility criteria below before submitting an application. If you need the form in another format or some support completing it then please get in touch.
Groundwork's graduate Volunteer Project Assistant (VPA) Programme has helped over 2,000 people take their first steps into professional careers.
Our graduate work experience scheme started in the early 90’ as a way to provide unemployed graduates with real project management experience and to break the cycle of no job = no experience = no job.
We place graduates in Greater Manchester Groundwork Trust for 4 - 12 week placements, and provide support with training, development and networking opportunities to build your CV and your confidence.
There are a range of opportunities to suit your skill set and career path. We currently have placements in area such as:
Business Development / Conservation
Youth and Communities / Landscape Design
Criminal Justice / Youth Investment Projects
Education / Volunteer Management
What's in it for you?
- Between four and twelve weeks of graduate level responsibility on live projects
- Placements shaped around your vision of a professional career
- Build skills, confidence and employability to impress at interviews
- Work on projects that are changing lives and local communities
- Network with employers and project partners
- Time for and support with job search
- Travel expenses, equipment and uniform (if necessary) provided
- You are legally able to reside and work in the UK
- You are unemployed
- You graduated within 3 years or will graduate within 6 months from now
- You attended a university in Greater Manchester OR live in Greater Manchester if you graduated from another institution
- You have or are working towards an undergraduate degree or Master's degree only
How do I apply?
Download our Information Pack showing all of our current placements.
Complete the application form and send to:
Or post to
VPA Project Coordinator
Groundwork Environment Centre
Groundwork Bolton, Bury, Oldham & Rochdale (BBOR) is the lead in this partnership, working with Groundwork Cheshire, Lancashire & Merseyside (CLM) and Groundwork Manchester, Salford, Stockport, Tameside & Trafford (MSSTT).
For more details contact Frances Muscatelli:
Call 0161 785 7419 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The VPA programme is part funded by the European Union through the European Social Fund and is co-financed by the Skills Funding Agency