Groundwork is a social enterprise that is committed to practical action to build stronger communities with better local environments, to tackle climate change and combat fuel poverty and to improve skills and create opportunities to get people back into work. We deliver a diverse range of services from our offices in Trafford Park and Ashton-under-Lyne in Greater Manchester.
Based at out depot in Tameside, we are now recruiting for someone with experience in the landscaping and grounds maintenance sector, to join our Blue Sky Team. Our team at Blue Sky delivers commercial landscaping, fencing and grounds maintenance contracts whilst also providing jobs and training for ex-offenders.
We are looking for people with excellent practical and organisational skills, a demonstrable commitment to health and safety and the ability to lead a small team on site.
Main purpose of post:
- Undertake landscaping, fencing and site maintenance works on a wide range of sites.
- To provide on the job training and guidance to Blue Sky Operatives on site and instil positive work based behaviours.
Download the full job description for the Landscaping Team Supervisor post.
The ideal candidates will have:
- A number of years hands-on site experience in landscaping sector
- A full UK driving licence
- Knowledge and commitment to relevant Health and Safety standards
- Experience of taking a lead role within a team on site
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage own workload
- Ability to communicate effectively and motivate others
Relevant qualifications and machinery licences for the role.
Instructions for applicants:
1. Please send an up-to-date CV plus a covering letter detailing which role you are applying for and the reasons why you are suitable for this role.
2. Please also complete the application form (providing details of 2 referees) and the equal opportunities monitoring form. Both forms can be downloaded below.
Equal opportunities monitoring form
3. Please send your completed application documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to
Trafford Ecology Park
4. Closing date for applications: Friday 24th August 2018
5. Interview date tbc
6. We suggest you add a ‘read receipt’ to your email so you know it has safely been delivered. If you have not heard from us within one month of the closing date, you may assume your application has been unsuccessful.
7. Depending on the level of response we receive it is possible we may not be able to give feedback to unsuccessful applicants at this stage.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Richard Gee on 0161 330 6877.