A new and exciting volunteering opportunity at Grozone Community Garden, Northwich.
Do you want to work in the environmental sector but find you are lacking in experience to gain employment?
Volunteering as a Volunteer Leader at Grozone Community Garden might be the answer. This is a particularly fantastic volunteer post for graduates who have left university and are wanting to gain some practical experience, but we welcome all ages (Over 18) and experience levels to this role.
We are looking at those willing to dedicate time to helping to run this amazing urban oasis, including supporting and aiding regular volunteers including those with various mental and physical disabilities, site maintenance and practical horticulture work. We run sessions for volunteers 3 days a week (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday) as well as a Toddler Session on a Monday morning.
Please see our website www.grozone.org.uk for more information on our sessions and other aspects of Grozone.
Grozone is easily accessible: near to Northwich station, within walking distance of the town centre and has good nearby bus links, there is parking available at Grozone for those who drive.
Volunteer Leader Role Specification:
What will you gain from volunteering for us?
- Practical conservation and gardening skills
- First Aid Training (if you don't already have it)
- Offer to go on Practical Horticulture level 1 Course, Roots to Wellbeing
- Experience working outdoors in all weathers
- Experience working with and managing volunteers
- Experience working with those with learning difficulties and mental health problems
- Opportunity to plan and run small scale projects within Grozone (e.g art, design, planting)
- Opportunity to assist in sessions for Under 5s
- Space and fresh air
- Chance to be part of a flag ship environmental project and work off grid
- Meeting people and making friends
- Opportunity to gain good references
- First-hand experience of the benefits of working outdoors on mood and attitude.
There will be a short, informal interview to see if you are suited to the role.
If you are interested in becoming a Volunteer Leader or for more information please contact Caroline Foster (Grozone Development Officer):
T: 01606 723160