Continual Environmental Improvement
Who is it for?
Green Dragon Level 5 is the highest level of Green Dragon and demonstrates that an organisation is a leader in its field. Green dragon Level 5 is particularly useful for larger organisations with influence over their supply chain.
What you need to do
1. Internal Audit Program - Implement a programme of regular internal audits
2. Management Review - Review the performance and relevance of the EMS at top management level
3. Supply Chain - Assess the environmental performance of suppliers and contractors and ensure they are compliance with the environmental policy and relevant procedures
4. Greenhouse Gas Emissions (Scope 3) - Identify and reduce other Greenhouse Gas Emissions (in addition to CO2) set quantified targets for the reduction of Greenhouse Gases emissions, state this in Objectives and Targets
5. Environmental Report - Publish an annual environmental performance report
· Demonstrate leadership in the field
· Gain publicity for achievements
· Engagement of supply chain
· Engagement with wider community
Organisations wishing to register for Green Dragon Level 5 must also achieve the requirements of Green Dragon Levels 1 to 4.
Green Dragon Level 5 is assessed through an audit visit undertaken by a Green Dragon Auditor. A level 5 audit will also cover Levels 1 to 4.
Re-certification visits may require less time. If you have received consultancy support from a Green Dragon consultant your site audit will not be undertaken by that person.
If you meet the standard’s requirements you will be issued with a certificate and your details will be registered on the Green Dragon website.
Your certificate will be valid for 1 year from the date of issue.
In recognition of reaching this stage of environmental management, organisations can also display the Green Dragon Logo on their corporate literature and are eligible to purchase Green Dragon Environmental Standard Plaques for display.