For all enquiries, contact Irina on 020 7922 1230 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Every Tuesday 1pm-3pm
Holy Spirit Church
Narbonne Avenue, Clapham
London SW4 9JU
Every Wednesday 10am-3pm
St Margaret's Church
London SE13 5DL
*pre-entry ESOL classes and creche facilities available*
Every Thursday 10am-2pm
24-27 White Lion Street
London N1 9PD
Elevate offers free, tailored support and specialist advice to refugees, preparing them to work in the UK and helping them into suitable employment.
Elevate also supports businesses to employ refugees. Via diligent screening processes, qualification transfer, and business advice, we can help identify each candidate’s legal status and eligibility to work, coupled with legal evidence requirements. Contact us for a free consultation.
Support provided to refugees
- UK-focused employability support, including familiarisation with the UK labour market and work culture, and familiarisation with UK business regulations, as well as job search, CV writing and interview skills support
- Confidential pastoral support from Refugee Action, including housing advice, health advice & trauma support
- ESOL language classes in partnership with Newham College
- Referral to training, education and other services as appropriate
- Support to identify and secure employment opportunities, including obtaining relevant certificates, registrations and licences
- Support to identify and secure work placements, including matching service, advice and preparation for clients and support for employers
Eligibility for support
To qualify for help, you must be unemployed be from one of the following groups:
- Refugees (people who have had a positive decision on their claim for asylum under the 1951 United Nations Convention relating to the Status of Refugees)
- Individuals granted Humanitarian Protection (that is, not a refugee but has a well-founded fear of persecution or is at real risk of serious harm)
- Individuals granted Discretionary Leave to Remain (on the basis of requiring medical, social or another form of assistance in the UK, other cases where return would breach the European Convention on Human Rights and other exceptional circumstances)
- Individuals who have had a Family Reunion application approved because they are a partner or child/dependent of a person granted asylum, Humanitarian Protection or Discretionary Leave to Remain
- Asylum seekers possessing an Application Registration Card with 'employment permitted' or 'work allowed'
Volunteer Employment Advisor
Elevate is currently looking for a Volunteer Employment Advisor for our Lewisham and Islington refugee drop-in sessions. Key responsibilities will include:
- Delivering confidential advice on employment in the UK
- Offering guidance on CVs and job applications
- Researching employment opportunities
Travel and Lunch expenses will be covered.
For more information or to apply please contact:
Irina on 020 7922 1230 or email@example.com
The Elevate programme is delivered by Groundwork London with Refugee Action and Newham College, as part of The Big Lottery European Social Fund Building Better Opportunities.
Elevate is funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery, through the Big Lottery Fund.