Applications for the London Tree & Woodland Grant Scheme are currently closed.
The London Tree & Woodland Grant Scheme is part of a campaign led by The Mayor of London to protect the capital's trees and encourage individual Londoners, businesses and organisations to plant more trees. The Mayor also wants to protect London's woodlands and associated wildlife and make London a greener, more attractive city.
The Community Grant Scheme aims to:
- Ensure trees and woodlands contribute to a high quality environment
- Help foster community and individual well-being and social inclusion through contact with trees and woodlands
- Build capacity for community-led tree and woodland projects
- Encourage the planting of the right tree in the right place
Grants are available to any organisation or group representing the wider community. Organisations that can apply include, but are not limited to:
- Local authorities
- Woodland owners and managers
- Community groups / Resident’s Associations / Friends of groups
- Charities and Trusts
- Local business partnerships including Business Improvement Districts and Employer Groups
- Registered Social Landlords
- Primary Care Trusts, hospitals and GP surgeries
For more information visit: http://www.london.gov.uk/priorities/environment/greening-london/re-leaf