Hopeful Families is an exciting new community programme run by the Pluss Organisation and a team of six West Yorkshire voluntary and community partners.
Jointly funded by the Big Lottery Fund and European Social Fund the programme is designed to help individuals from the region’s most socially excluded families.
Being the first programme of its kind in West Yorkshire, ‘Hopeful Families’ aims to help over 620 individuals who are out of work to build their confidence and overcome the challenges they face in finding employment.
The programme will be individually tailored to meet a person’s needs and will offer advice in areas such as personal development, health and wellbeing and finance and benefits as well as providing access to training and life-skills such as using digital technology.
Groundwork support is provided through Family Mentors who offer 1:1 sessions with either an individual in the family or with the family as a whole, to help improve their situation and encourage a more positive outlook.
We do this in a variety of ways such as offering:
- Help with developing everyday life skills
- Help to improve confidence and self-esteem
- Support/advice on health and wellbeing
- Help and advice with debt, managing money and housing matters
- Advice on childcare, parenting and managing behaviour
- Access to new skills development through training, work placements and volunteering
- Help preparing for work such as C.V building, interview skills and job searching
- Access to Peer support groups and
- Help to access a variety of other services
Family Mentors can meet clients at their home or at a neutral community location, for an informal chat to discuss the support available. A positive outcome would involve agreeing and developing an action plan and regular meetings to measure progress.
We cover travel expenses and can also help fund for emergency essential items as clothing, furniture and baby accessories.
If you would like to find out more please contact us on 01924 666269 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hopeful Families is funded by the Big Lottery and the European Social Fund