Groundwork and Pluss are delivering 'Right Steps to Work' on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions, and the European Social Fund. it is co-financed by the European Social Fund.
Right Steps to Work is a voluntary programme that will help you move towards and into work in Wakefield. Our Advisers will help you discover your strengths, aspirations and support needs to help you achieve your goals. Regular 1-2-1 meetings will help you find your ideal role and the support will continue once you are in employment with support for both you and your employer.
Our support includes:
- Job searches and careers advice
- Access to computers, internet and printers
- Work experience through volunteering and trials
- Advice on apprenticeships and self-employment
- Advice on benefit changes and tax credit applications
Participants must be legal resident and have the right to take paid employment in the UK. Participants must be aged 16 or over. There is no upper age limit.
Participants must be unemployed or inactive and fall into one of the following categories:
- Pre-work programme who have been unemployed for 26 weeks
- Pre-work programme claiming Employment Support Allowance (ESA) at any point in their claim who are in the Work Related Activity Group
- Lone Parents claiming Income Support with a youngest child age one year or over
To be eligible for this participants must have one barrier to employment:
- Drug and alcohol misusers who are in recovery or have an addiction under control
- Declaring mild to moderate mental health issues/learning difficulties
- Those with Autism and/or Dyslexia
- Those from Ethnic Minorities
- Young people in particular those in care (18/24)
- Homeless people
Our fully trained IAG staff will provided 1-2-1 tailored support to participants for 52 weeks to overcome their barriers and gain employment.
To find out more please email email@example.com
To make referrals to Groundwork please call the Bureau on 0800 3345525 option 1. Please make sure you ask for the referral to be made to Groundwork.