Groundwork UK are working with Tesco to run their community funding programme where the money raised from plastic bag sales is being used to fund local community good causes.
Groundwork Northamptonshire are here to promote and support applications in our area, which includes having a dedicated member of staff available to offer support.
For more information about the scheme and a link to the application process click here.
Grants up to £4000 are available to support community projects.
The types of projects funded will be very broad and will cover the direct costs needed to deliver the project, this could range from:
- Purchasing items which will benefit local community groups such as sports kit, specialised medical equipment, art and crafts materials, spades, litter pickers, camping equipment.
- Improvements to a building that benefits the local community such as a Scout or Guide hut, church or village hall, changing facilities for sports.
- Developing an outdoor space play area, allotment, park, school grounds, woodland or wildlife area.
- Running a community event or activity such as fun runs, village fete, clean-up day, tree planting, bird watch.
- Supporting seasonal activities such as purchasing new Christmas lights, supporting a Christmas meal for the homeless or a Diwali celebration event for the community etc.
If you would like to discuss a project or any other questions about the scheme contact Sean at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07912480537 or 01536 526453.
Find out more about Tesco Bags of Help HERE.