Established in 1991, Groundwork Northern Ireland is a not-for-profit organisation creating communities in which people are proud to live and work.
Our purpose is: ‘Changing Lives, Changing Places, Changing Minds’. We deliver programmes and services aimed at boosting local regeneration, community cohesion and grassroots development. We engage and motivate people to improve their quality of life by investing in people and places and by supporting community-led regeneration plans and sustainability initiatives. In areas of high social need, we provide practical solutions to major challenges by working in partnership with local communities, key funding bodies, statutory authorities and other agencies.
This is an opportunity to get involved and make a difference.
Are you good at multi-tasking, relationship building and do you like being challenged? Our Project Manager holds a key position with a diverse range of responsibilities including developing and managing projects throughout Northern Ireland
The Project Manager will be responsible for the delivery and operational management of various projects throughout Northern Ireland, working with and through local communities. S/he will manage a staff team of varied disciplines and coordinate with partners and stakeholders involved in the delivery of projects, be responsible for managing budgets, resources and outcomes as well as ensuring the outcomes and learning from projects are shared across the organisation.
The person we are looking for will have:
- Minimum two years’ experience developing, managing and monitoring projects
- Minimum one years’ experience of managing, developing and motivating people
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of risk identification and management
- Experience of problem solving and negotiation
- Experience of managing a variety of projects at any one time
- Excellent administrative, organisation, ICT and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills, including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
What we can offer you:
- Salary of £24,300 - £29,886 per annum
- 25 days annual leave p.a. increasing after 5 year’s service, plus 11 customary days
- Training and personal development opportunities
The deadline for completed applications is 2.00 p.m. on Monday 10th September 2018.
Interviews will be held the week commencing 17th September 2018
All successful candidates will be subject to an Access NI check
Whether its work experience and to broaden your horizons, fulfiling a passion for environmental issues or simply giving a few hours a week to a cause that benefits your community, Groundwork NI can help you to do something special.
We regularly work with volunteers, and getting involved in one of our projects could put you in a strong position to obtain full-time work – in fact many of our existing staff began their careers with us as volunteers.
From administrative to practical ‘hands-on’ roles we can offer something to suit everyone.
To find out what opportunities are available near you, please call 028 9074 9494 or email firstname.lastname@example.org