Canal Maintenance Project Leader volunteers will be assisting the Volunteer Co-ordinator to facilitate the maintenance and upkeep of the Beeston Lock and Canal. Volunteers will be involved in various activities to help keep a 2 kilometre stretch of the Beeston Canal including lock, maintained for boaters, walkers and the local community.
Groundwork Greater Nottingham will provide equipment, gloves and high visibility jackets for volunteers.
Volunteer Project Leader role includes:
- Contacting potential volunteer
- Supporting volunteers on the day
- Co-ordination of activities on site
Volunteer Project Leader will show a commitment to:
The aims of GGN.
- Improving outcomes for the environment.
- Working in a non-judgmental and inclusive way with all members of the community and volunteers.
- Be reliable.
- Complete training as required and make use of skills gained.
- Attend catch up meetings when required with the volunteer co-ordinator.
Volunteer’s travel costs will be covered/reimbursed when traveling to and from activities for and on behalf of GGN.
Skills / Experience
You will are not be required to have experience however, it may be useful if you have experience of any of the following areas:
- Team Management
Volunteers will be asked to complete a minimum of 3.5 hours per week:
Monday-Friday between 10.00am – 1.00pm or 1.30pm – 4.00pm.
Training will be provided to all volunteers to ensure they are fully prepared for their role. Volunteers will be required to attend induction training sessions.
- Induction Training – Introduction to Groundwork Greater Nottingham, Health & Safety and completing expenses forms.
- Additional Training – First Aid, use of equipment and training relating to the maintenance of locks and canals.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information please contact Richard Owen, Volunteer Co-ordinator, at email@example.com or call 07771348655.