About Small Steps Big Changes (SSBC)
Small Steps Big Changes is Nottingham’s 10 year “A Better Start” National Lottery Community Fund programme to improve the lives of 0-4 years. The programme is headed up by CityCare, a third sector provider of community health services. SSBC is a new partnership between, the City Council, Health Services, Voluntary Sector Organisations, Parents, Families and Communities.
The programme focuses on children, parents and communities in Aspley, Bulwell, Hyson Green & Arboretum and St Ann’s.
SSBC's main website can be found by clicking: Here
About the Volunteering Opportunity
Volunteers will support Family Mentors to deliver the SSBC Family Mentor weekly groups and activities sessions across the Bulwell and Aspley wards.
A varied timetable of groups are designed to give every child the best start in life.
Volunteers will be helping families and children to:
- Eat well and be healthy
- Talk and communicate
- Be confident, friendly and understand emotions and behaviour
- Commitment and enthusiasm for the aims of Small Steps Big Changes
- Caring and supportive attitude
- Good communication skills
- A non-judgmental approach
- Keen to learn new skills and ideas
The volunteer role includes:
- Assisting the Family Mentor with the smooth running of group sessions
- Welcoming families on arrival to the sessions
- Supporting parents to complete relevant forms
- Supporting children in the play activities
- Attending community events to support play activities and promoting the Family Mentor Service provision
Vacancies are available in two locations;
Bulwell & Aspley
How to apply
Volunteer Role Description
Register Your Interest Form
Please contact The Family Mentor Service Volunteer Co-ordinator: Kat Navrouzoglou on 0777 1348 655 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org