About the opportunity
Volunteers will assist Family Mentors to deliver the SSBC Family Mentor programme across Bulwell & Aspley. Volunteers will be supporting families to increase their confidence and ability in group activities such as Triple P, Active Play, Stay in Play, Songs & Rhythm, Birth, Bump & Baby, Infant Massage and Cook & Eat.
Volunteers role to include:
• Help with the smooth running of group sessions
• Welcoming families on arrival
• Helping parents complete consent forms
• Supporting children’s crèche activities
• Becoming a ‘Family Buddy’ – Supporting parents to attend sessions
• Telephone follow up contact with families.
• Attending community events to showcase SSBC
• Additional activities as role develops
About Small Steps Big Changes
Small Steps Big Changes is Nottingham’s 10 year “A Better Start” Big Lottery Funded Programme to improve the lives of 0-3 years olds. Headed up by CityCare, a third sector provider of community health services, SSBC is a new partnership between, the City Council, Health partners, Voluntary sector Organisation, Parents, Families and Communities. The programme focuses on children, parents and communities in Arboretum, Aspley, Bulwell, St Anns and Beyond.
What are they looking for?
Small Steps Big Changes are looking for volunteers to support sessions across Bulwell and Aspley. Perfect individuals would be people who have a knowledge and experience of working with children or having children of their own who want to help support local children in their early years development.
These sessions are very active and physical with some outdoor sessions when weather is suitable.
Volunteer Family Mentors will show a commitment to:
• The aims of Small Steps Big Changes.
• Improving outcomes for children.
• Working in a non-judgmental and inclusive way with all members of the community.
• Be reliable.
• Complete training as required and make use of skills gained.
• Attend catch up meetings required with volunteer coordinator.
• Ensuring the safeguarding of children.
• Show commitment to supporting group sessions.
Vacancies are available in two locations;
Bulwell & Aspley
How To Apply
Please contact Richard Owen, Volunteer Co-Ordinator 0777 1348 655 or via email email@example.com