Groundwork South is currently recruiting for an Administration Officer role for the Colne Valley Landscape Partnership Scheme.
Administration Officer at £14,280-£16,800 per annum (FTE £17,800-£21,000)
- 30 hours each week (Work hours to be agreed at time of appointment).
- Fixed term for 36 months or till end 31st December 2021 (whichever is sooner)
LOCATION: Colne Valley Park Centre, Near Uxbridge.
A beautiful office setting within a regionally important landscape, the Colne Valley Regional Park.
Commutable from West London, Reading, Watford, Wycombe and surrounding areas.
At community charity, Groundwork South, we are changing places, changing lives across the South of England, one green step at a time
Do you want to play a crucial role in making the HLF-funded Colne Valley Landscape Partnership Scheme a reality, as part of a brand new team at Groundwork South? Are you an experienced, dependable and task focussed person capable of performing a range of administrative duties? Then we want you to apply to be our Administration Officer.
The ideal candidate will be highly self motivated, professional and focussed on delivering a high standard of customer service. You will work with three Project Managers and be managed by a newly appointed Programme Manager who is keen to appoint knowledgeable, reliable and enthusiastic members of staff to help implement 19 exciting and ambitious projects over a three-year period.
The team will be responsible for implementing the £2.5 million Colne Valley Landscape Partnership Scheme within the distinctive landscape of the Colne Valley Regional Park. The Regional Park is the first large taste of countryside to the west of London and covers an area of 43 square miles. It comprises a mosaic of farmland, woodland, villages and water – including over 200 miles of river and canal, and more than 70 lakes. The Scheme is funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund, other grant-funding bodies and partners.
Your main duties will be:
- Handle incoming telephone calls, letter & email enquiries
- Updating the Colne Valley Park’s website and social media page.
- Manage preparation of meetings and events including taking minutes, distributing papers, booking meeting rooms, organising equipment and displays, arranging catering.
- Create and update databases in compliance with GDPR regulations.
- Use Groundwork’s project management system and Excel spreadsheet systems to effectively manage finances systems recording income, procurement and expenditure. Data entry, processing invoices and orders as requested by the Landscape Partnership team. Filing and record keeping.
- Work with the Programme Manager, staff and partners to compile and submit appropriate paperwork (evidence) for the quarterly grant claims to the Heritage Lottery Fund and other match-funding grants. Provide copies of invoices and evidence of spend for reports to funders, support the Programme Manager on the preparation of financial reports to the Board.
Assisting on events and activities
- Support the team with the ongoing promotion and marketing of the Colne Valley at activities and events
- Support the team with the coordination of volunteers/stakeholder groups and associated engagement work, including the taking of bookings.
- Undertake surveys and data entry.
If you feel you have the necessary skills for this role and are looking for a new challenge, please apply now.
HOW TO APPLY:
Closing date: Sunday 4th November 2018
Administration Officer Interview date: Friday 9th November 18
A job application pack can be downloaded below, please send your completed application forms to Laura Dyke on email@example.com or post to Laura Dyke, Riverside Community Centre, Dickens Road, Gravesend, Kent, DA12 2JY before midnight on the closing date. For more information please see an outline description of each of the 19 projects forming part of the Scheme below.
For an informal and in confidence discussion about the role, please contact Stewart Pomeroy, firstname.lastname@example.org or 01895 839857
CVs will not be accepted. No agencies please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that we reserve the right to close applications early in the event of a large response.
Job Description and Person Specification
Outline description of each of the 19 projects forming part of the Scheme
How to Apply