Groundwork South is currently recruiting for: 3 x Project Managers roles for the Colne Valley Landscape Partnership Scheme.
- Project Manager (Habitats & Access) at £22,100-£25,000 per annum; 37.5 hours each week (9am-5pm)
- Project Manager (Rivers) at £22,100-£25,000 per annum, 37.5 hours each week (9am-5pm)
- Project Manager (Interpretation & Events) at £22,100-£25,000 per annum, 37.5 hours each week (9am-5pm)
All posts have a fixed term for 36 months or till end 31st December 2021 (whichever is sooner)
LOCATION: Colne Valley Park Centre, Near Uxbridge.
A beautiful office setting within a regionally important landscape, the Colne Valley Regional Park.
Commutable from West London, Reading, Watford, Wycombe and surrounding areas.
At community charity, Groundwork South, we are changing places, changing lives across the South of England, one green step at a time
Do you want to play a crucial role in making the HLF-funded Colne Valley Landscape Partnership Scheme a reality, as part of a brand new team at Groundwork South? If you are passionate about conserving, enhancing and promoting distinctive landscapes with the help of volunteers, landowners and local organisations – we have the right job for you.
The newly-appointed Programme Manager needs knowledgeable, reliable and enthusiastic members of staff to help implement 19 exciting and ambitious projects over a three-year period:
- Project Manager (Habitats & Access) – Do you have good environmental knowledge and practical skills? Are you capable of conserving and enhancing natural heritage and improving access across the beautiful Colne Valley landscape? The ideal candidate will have experience in developing good links with landowners and local communities, recruiting and managing volunteers and supervising contractors as well as delivering a ‘plan of action’.
- Project Manager (Rivers) - Are you confident about communicating the value of rivers and threats to them (e.g. invasive species, over-consumption of water)? Do you have the ability to recruit and manage volunteer River Rangers? Are you capable of overseeing implementation of river management and signage works along the River Colne and its tributaries?
- Project Manager (Interpretation & events) –Do you have strong communication skills? Are you capable of devising and delivering inspiring events and interpretative materials, raising the profile of the landscape through webpages and social media and motivating volunteers?
The team (which will also include an Administration Officer) will be responsible for implementing the £2.5 million Colne Valley Landscape Partnership scheme, which has been secured from the Heritage Lottery Fund, other grant-funding bodies and partners. The Regional Park is the first large taste of countryside to the west of London and covers an area of 43 square miles. It comprises a mosaic of farmland, woodland, villages and water – including over 200 miles of river and canal, and more than 70 lakes.
If you feel you have the necessary skills for any of these roles and are looking for a new challenge, please apply now.
HOW TO APPLY:
Closing date: 31st October 2018
Project Manager (Habitats & Access) Interview date: Monday 5th November 18
Project Manager (Rivers) Interview date: Tuesday 6th November 18
Project Manager (Interpretation & Events) Interview date: Wednesday 7th November 18
A job application pack can be downloaded below, please send your completed applications to Laura Dyke on firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Laura Dyke, Riverside Community Centre, Dickens Road, Gravesend, Kent, DA12 2JY before 12 midnight on the closing date , please note that we also include an outline description of each of the 19 projects forming part of the Scheme below for your info.
For an informal and in confidence discussion about the role, please contact Stewart Pomeroy, email@example.com or 01895 839857
CVs will not be accepted. No agencies please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that we reserve the right to close applications early in the event of a large response.
Project Manager (Habitats & Access): Job Description and Person Specification Application Form
Project Manager (Rivers): Job Description and Person Specification Application Form
Project Manager (Interpretation & Events): Job Description and Person Specification Application Form
Outline description of each of the 19 projects forming part of the Scheme
How to Apply