This is the Groundwork South Privacy Notice you can read it in full below:
Groundwork South’s privacy notice
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 15/05/2018
The Groundwork SouthTrust respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this privacy notice. We have notified our processing of personal data to, and are registered with, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
In this privacy notice references to “Groundwork”, “Groundwork South”, “us”, “we”, “our” are to the Groundwork South Trust.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time so you should check this page to see our most up to date policy.
This privacy notice tells you how we use information provided by you or collected about you when you use the website www.groundwork.org.uk/south and contact us on social media.
Please take some time to read this privacy notice before you use the website, or engage with us on social media. It is a legally binding agreement and contains important information on your legal rights and obligations.
It explains the information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website, what we may use it for and whom we may give it to. It will also explain your rights towards your personal information and how we look after it while we have it.
What information do we collect?
In order to provide you with information about our services, we may collect personal information about you from our website, telephone conversations, emails, application forms and written communications.
The information we collect may vary based on what service we provide you. This may include information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or medical information (“personal information”)
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as online user I.D, and/or
about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website and usage details.
- We only collect information about you that we need to ensure you get the best service from us. We try to minimise what we do collect.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us.
Contacting us via social media: If you send us a private or direct message via social media, the message will not be stored outside of the applications. It will not also be shared with any other organisations. Please read the applications terms and conditions and privacy notices.
How do we collect information about you?
We collect information:
when you contact us for any reason
when you set up an account on the website (for example to comment on blog posts)
provided online, such as completing an online sign up form, or completing a survey
when you interact with our advertising on social media
automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies.
How do we use your information?
We use your information in various ways, such as to:
- provide you with information or services that you request from us
- send you marketing material, funding news or event invitations (you can opt out from this on the website)
- contact you about volunteering opportunities (if you signed up for this specifically)
- keeping our records accurate and up to date
- create statistical information, market research, analysis, customer profiling to improve our services
- comply with any legal obligations we may have
- meet any other purpose that you provided your information
Who do we share this information with?
- We only share your information when necessary to improve the service we give you, or future services we offer.
- We may share your information with funders and partners to strengthen marketing material and funding bids.
Legal grounds for processing your information
We will rely on the following legal bases under European Data Protection Legislation for processing your personal data:
- We have a legitimate interest in doing so. These legitimate interest will include our interests in carrying out our work and providing our services.
- Consent – in the case of marketing and medical information.
When disclosing your information, we will ensure you remain anonymous where possible, unless it is necessary to share your personal information (name, medical information) to, for example:
- obtain a qualification or certificate for you (if you have been a participant)
- in a medical emergency (if you have been a volunteer)
- a reference request (if you have been a volunteer)
- to strengthen marketing and funding bids (you can opt out of this and/or choose to remain anonymous)
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation 2018 give you rights in respect of your personal information. We take all reasonable effects to ensure we allow you to exercise those rights.
Your information rights
European Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. You are entitled to be told by us whether we or someone else on our behalf is processing your personal information; what personal information we hold; details of the purposes for the processing of your personal information; and details of any third party with whom your personal information has been shared.
You can access the personal information we hold on you by writing to us at: The Groundwork South Trust, Colne Valley Park Centre, Denham Court Drive, Denham, Uxbridge UB9 5PG. Requests for access will be responded to within 28 days.
We will ask you to provide proof of identity before we show you your personal information – this is so we can prevent unauthorised access.
You have the additional rights to request rectification and erasure of your personal data and to request restriction of, and to otherwise object to, our processing of your personal data and you can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at: The Groundwork South Trust, Colne Valley Park Centre, Denham Court Drive, Denham, Uxbridge UB9 5PG.
You are entitled to receive the personal data that you have provided to us, you can exercise this right by contacting us at: The Groundwork South Trust, Colne Valley Park Centre, Denham Court Drive, Denham, Uxbridge UB9 5PG.
If we hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by contacting us at: The Groundwork South Trust, Colne Valley Park Centre, Denham Court Drive, Denham, Uxbridge UB9 5PG.
Your right to stop us direct marketing to you
We are keen to improve our services and promote our work and we may send you information about our work, funding grants or event invitations, that we think may be of interest to you. You can amend your preferences via our online form: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/LFB76JQ
Your right to make a complaint
You have a right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): https://ico.org.uk
We may amend this notice in order to encompass any changes in the law, our experience of handling your personal information, guidance from the ICO or for other legitimate reasons. We will notify you of this change by posted the latest version on this website. We encourage you to check this privacy notice from time to time to ensure you are aware of the latest version. The data the privacy notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page.
To ask questions or comment about this privacy notice and our privacy practices, contact us.
You can write to us at:
The Groundwork South Trust
Colne Valley Park Centre
Denham Court Drive