CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term 30th June 2021
HOURS: 37.5 hours
OPERATIONAL AREA: Southern England (With national travel)
LOCATION: Flexible Location (ideally Bristol)
Do you have knowledge and interest in community development, community resilience and emergency response with a track record in successful project management?
This is an exciting opportunity to manage a growing and committed team working in Phase II of the Lottery Funded Community Prepared programme starts over a three year period as an innovative national roll-out resource with centralised HUB and Digital Platform. The Hub will includes; staff; website; adaptable community resources; training and a train the trainer programme; advice, community development and support; development of the Community Flood and Emergency Cycle and a smartphone App. All to be provided through a three tiered membership support package.
- Responsible for overall project management & delivery, ensuring the project meets the objectives, targets and outcomes as agreed with BIG
- Direct delivery of the Communities Prepared Toolkit as outlined in the Communities prepared project bid
- Create a 3-5 year business plan for the project and execute the deliverables of this plan
- Oversee evaluation and monitoring of all aspects of the project
- Oversee development of complete Toolkit cycle & other project products
- Report to BIG Lottery and the Communities Prepared Partnership Board (Groundwork South, Cornwall Community Flood Forum, Cornwall College and the Environment Agency).
- Collate and submit reports to BIG in line with the funding agreement
- Budget management & reporting
- Develop and execute community development strategies to remove long-established barriers to community resilience including establishment of recovery groups and proactive flood warden community groups
- Direct the project management of Communities Prepared Toolkit training nationally
- Direct the project management of income generation
- Directly deliver training sessions to communities (including some evening and weekend sessions) Utilising a broad range of discipline and teaching styles
- Deliver Train the trainer training to partners and clients
- As part of the Communities Prepared team significantly contribute to the collective learning around community resilience , community emergency planning and response
- Create a sustainable legacy for the Communities Prepared , working towards a self reliant project free from lottery funding by year 3
- Work with consultants to create a HUB and Digital Platform (Website, Community Resources and Development of the Community Flood and Emergency Cycle)
- Use various tools to understand the marketplace, customers and a tiered memberships Offer
*PLEASE NOTE - Communities Prepared Phase II - Outline Briefing can be downloaded below
Groundwork South is committed to transforming people’s lives and places through social, economic and environmental action. In terms of development and delivery of these projects we work across three business themes, Parks & Open Spaces, Youth & Employment and Greener Living & Working.
In return we offer:
- 25 days per annum plus English Bank Holidays
- Childcare Voucher schemes are available on a salary sacrifice basis
- A contributory pension scheme
- Scope to continuing development of your professional skills
Full UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle for which you will need to be insured for business use. Employees are able to claim back mileage rates as per our Expenses Policy.
Groundwork South is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age. A copy of our Equality and Diversity policy may also be made available to candidates on request. CVs will not be accepted. No agencies please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that we reserve the right to close applications early in the event of a large response.
Closing Date: 7th August 2018
Interview Date: 15th August 2018
A job application pack can be downloaded from below please send to Laura Dyke on email@example.com or post to Groundwork South, Riverside Community Centre, Dickens Road, Gravesend, Kent, DA12 2JY. or for more information regarding the post please contact Becky Spake on 02380 620027.
We are committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. To demonstrate our commitment we have been awarded the Disability Confident Scheme Symbol, which is awarded by the Employment Service. We guarantee an interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the essential criteria for the post. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme please complete the Guaranteed Interview Scheme form (at the top of our current vacancies page) and submit this with your application. We shall ensure fairness and equal opportunities throughout our workforce and in service delivery.
Job Description and Person Specification
*Communities Prepared Phase II - Outline Briefing
How to apply