We know that community wellbeing projects work. We've delivered a strong portfolio of projects over a five year period and collected a wealth of data along the way.
The final phase of our work (2013-15) recorded the following impacts:
"I was quite nervous and paranoid about going places and mixing with people. I’ve overcome this a little more than before I joined the group."
Participant, Arts on Prescription
- 92% of people feeling more confident to manage their everyday lives
- 90% of people experiencing increased opportunities for social interaction
- 89% of people reporting new skills or knowledge gained
- 79% of people reporting an increased awareness and understanding of the benefits of physical activity
- 70% of people reporting increased levels of physical activity in daily life
- 67% of people reporting reduced barriers to exercise or having taken up a new activity
- 76% of people reporting increased access to healthy food choices
- 61% of people having developed new skills regarding growing or cooking nutritional food
- 76 % of people displaying an increase in knowledge around nutrition and healthy eating
Read the full impact report (PDF)