Skip past Navigation

How do I find out who owns a site that might receive funding?

09 October 2015

If you are applying for a grant to undertake physical works (whether these are inside a building or on land outside) you will need to provide us with a Project Consent Form which the Landowner will sign to say they agree to the project being delivered on the site they own.

You can download your Project Consent Form here.

If you do not know who owns the site your Local Authority may be able to tell you who does. If not you can search on your local Land Registry (there will be a charge for this service).

In some instances, spaces will have unclear land ownership, which may not make it possible to provide a grant for your nominated green space. In this case, please contact us as we may be able to offer some support. 

Find your Local Authority:

Land Registry (England and Wales):

Land Registry (Scotland):

Notes on landowner permission:

If you are a school and you lease the land from the Local Authority, the school can complete and sign the Project Consent Form. Please note, the signatory needs to be the Head or Deputy Head of the School.

If you lease Local Authority Land and have a lease agreement approved that exceeds three years, your group can sign the Project Consent Form.


Help us by sharing this post
  • E-mail this story to a friend!
  • Tweet this
  • Facebook
  • StumbleUpon
  • Digg
  • Google
  • LinkedIn