The Routes2Life programme based at our horticultural farm site in Pontllanfraith, Caerphilly, provides volunteers of all ages with the opportunity to learn and develop a range of practical horticultural and countryside skills including: hedging, strimming, fencing, gardening, pruning and growing fruit and vegetables.
The project provides:
• Opportunities to meet new people, work as a team and increase social networks!
• Improve interpersonal and social skills.
• Receive coaching, mentoring and guidance from experienced Groundwork staff.
• Build self-confidence and improve self-esteem and well-being.
• Gain accredited AGORED Cymru qualifications and training, such as dry stone walling and brush cutting.
• Progress onto other Groundwork programmes such as Healthy Rivers and Green Care.
• Build the confidence to pursue further training and education opportunities.
• Enhance C.Vs with positive experiences working in the outdoors.
The Routes2Life School projects are partly funded by The Ernest Cook Trust. Click here to visit their website.