Active Families is a FREE programme for local families that provides support and advice to make healthier lifestyle choices to help achieve and maintain a healthy weight. Families are guided through informative and practical sessions that include activities about food labelling, menu planning, and multi-sport activities for both children and adults and much, much more. There is something for all the family to enjoy.
The programme is delivered by qualified, friendly and supportive staff, whom families will have the opportunity to share experiences, ask questions and discuss options to encourage and make healthier family choices about eating well, being active and behaviour change, allowing them to use their experience and knowledge to lead sustainable healthy lives.
To take part in Active Families participants must meet the inclusion criteria below:
- Child (ren) either attend a Stoke on Trent school, live in Stoke on Trent or are registered with a Stoke on Trent GP.
- Child (ren) are aged between 4 to 11 years old.
- Child(ren) are above a healthy weight ( 91st - 98th centile) *
- Parent or carer are committed to attend all sessions of the Active Families programme.
* To see if a child is a healthy weight visit here: nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyweightcalculator.aspx
How to refer?
If a family meets the above criteria they can :
Self-refer by contacting the Living Well Hub 0800 0850928 or a family can be referred by a Health Professional i.e Public Health Advisor ( School Nurse), GP or practice nurse by also contacting the above number.
Alternatively, families can contact Groundwork direct on 0800 4640699 or email us at email@example.com