Groundwork’s Green Leaders programme provides free mentoring to help young people design their own community projects. Individuals with a passion for the environment can learn the skills needed to inspire others to take action to protect their local green spaces.
Young people be supported to design, create and start their own campaigns, events or action groups to improve their local green spaces. Whether creating nature guides, rewilding a patch of unwanted space, or planting trees to combat pollution – Green Leaders make change happen.
What’s in it for you?
- Training: Take part in three online training sessions; covering topics such as leadership skills, project design and media training.
- Mentoring: local Groundwork staff will support you to test your ideas and take practical action in your community.
- Making a difference: Work in a group or individually to launch your community project.
- Funding: Access to a social action grant of £100 to kick start your project.
- CV Boosting: After six weeks of training and volunteering with Groundwork, you will receive a Groundwork Youth Award.
How to apply
Complete the expression of interest form below. Applications are open until Sunday 13th February 2022.
The programme is open to young people aged 16 – 20 across Greater Manchester, Northamptonshire, London and the West Midlands.
Green Leaders training will run for approximately six weeks, with a mixture of online training and in person meetings at local Groundwork sites. Training takes place in the evenings. While the programme is flexible, you will be asked to attend three core online meetings at a minimum:
- Welcome to Green Leaders – Tuesday 1st March, 6-7pm
- Project design and planning – Tuesday 15th March, 6-7pm
- Make an impact with your project – Tuesday 29th March, 6-7pm
We welcome young people of all backgrounds and learning abilities and will tailor the programme to fit individual needs and personal development goals.
Have an enquiry?
Find out more about the #iwill Fund and how it’s supporting Green Leaders.