Applications for Create Your Docks 2022 are now closed.
Do you have an idea for an activity, event, or project you want to make a reality? Apply for Create your Docks!
The Create Your Docks Community Fund aims to support communities to get actively involved in the area’s regeneration.
Round two is designed to enable local community groups, organisations and people living or working in the Royal Docks to activate and celebrate the area. This fund aims to fund projects that offer opportunities for different communities to come together and deliver activities that are welcoming, inclusive and create a vibrant sense of place.
Create Your Docks will support individuals, community-led organisations and not for profit groups in the Royal Docks or Newham to deliver projects between July – October 2022.
Application deadline: Monday 23 May 2022 – 5pm
Who can apply?
We encourage local communities, organisations and people to make, plan and deliver their ideas and projects. We are keen to support the activation of spaces across the Royal Docks and encourage diverse groups based in the Royal Docks and Newham to apply.
The Create Your Docks fund is targeted at individuals, community groups and grassroots organisations that are active within their community. To be eligible to apply, you must:
- be a not-for-profit organisation or constituted community group
- have a registered address anywhere in Newham
- unconstituted groups and individuals can apply, but you must work with a constituted partner organisation to support your application and project delivery
Which projects will be funded?
We want to be adaptable and respond to a variety of ideas from everyone, but expect projects to fall within three categories mainly:
- place – activating areas around the Royal Docks (such as Royal Victoria Gardens, Dockside Lawns and Thames Barrier Park). We welcome projects which are inspired by the people and places of the Royal Docks, including its incredible diversity, heritage and landscape
- connectivity – building ‘social capital’ e.g., creating new relationships and bonds between different communities in the area, with a view to increasing community cohesion and celebrating the richness and diversity of the Royal Docks communities and wider area. We encourage cross-cultural and Interdisciplinary collaboration. Enhancing equal, accessible and fair cross-partnerships across the area
- identity – celebrating the Royal Docks rich heritage and history by showcasing a variety of stories and experiences from people of all backgrounds. We want to acknowledge a past, present, and future Royal Docks
What grant funding is available?
Grants are available up to, and including, £15,000
The fund offers grants to support activities across the Royal Docks, which align with the following objectives:
- Projects are community-led and have community involvement in shaping, planning and decision making
- Projects are inclusive and offer opportunities to marginalised community groups in the area (such as young people, older people, those with varied abilities etc…)
- Projects take place in or focus on areas across the Royal Docks (including but not limited to community centres, streets, parks, markets, waterways and squares)
- Projects are accessible and welcoming to all Londoners.
How to apply
You need to apply through our online grants portal by using the ‘Apply Now’ link below. We advise you read through the full Prospectus and Application Questions and Guidance before starting your application. The application window for Create Your Docks Fund is open until Monday 23th May 2022.
Please do not complete your application on the ‘Application Questions and Guidance’ word document and return by email, as these applications will not be accepted.
What support is available?
Groundwork is managing the applications on behalf of the Royal Docks Team and can provide advice throughout the application and project delivery stages.
Get in touch, for example, to discuss your project idea or if you are looking for partners to apply with, or if you’re after advice on marketing or monitoring your project.
Access Support is available to develop and submit your application, where you or your project participants have additional needs, including if you are co-creating with young people.
The Royal Docks Team and Groundwork is offering information sessions during April and May 2022, open to anyone who is considering applying for funding.
Information Session 1 – online
28th April 2022
1pm – 2.30pm (1.5 hours)
Information Session 2 – in person
3rd May 2022
6pm – 7.30pm (1.5 hours)
Venue: City Hall, Kamal Chunchie Way, London, E16 1ZE
Contact Helena Shivji or Thomas Lowe at Groundwork London for an informal chat on 020 7239 1390, or email CreateYourDocks@groundwork.org.uk