The Comic Relief Community Grants programme is currently closed for applications. Visit the Comic Relief Community Fund website to learn more about the new funding available from September 2021.
About Comic Relief Community Grants
(Sept 2019 – April 2021)
Organisations were invited to apply for two types of grants that deliver towards one of Comic Relief’s four strategic themes:
- Children Survive & Thrive: projects that support children under the age of 5 to reach their potential and have the best start in life.
- Fighting for Gender Justice: projects that improve equality for women, girls and initiatives that help people affected by domestic violence, abuse or exploitation due to their gender.
- A Safe Place to Be: projects that support people who are rebuilding their lives because of homelessness or forced migration.
- Mental Health Matters: projects that support good mental health in communities, improve access to support and tackle stigma and discrimination.
To date the Comic Relief Community Grants programme has awarded a combined £3,021,738 to projects across England.
- Project Delivery Grants: £2,073,231 awarded to 543 organisations
- Capacity Building Grants: £141,804 awarded to 178 organisations
- Covid-19 Project Delivery Grants (Funded from ‘The Big Night In’): £696,000 awarded to 174 organisations
- Covid-19 Capacity Building Grants (Funded from ‘The Big Night In’): £110,703 to 115 organisations
Administration of the local funding is being managed by community charity, Groundwork, which specialises in transforming communities and the local environment for the better.