Clarion Housing Group (formed following the merger in 2016 of Affinity Sutton Group Limited and Circle Housing Group) is the largest housing group in the country and one of its biggest housebuilders. Through its Community Grants Programme - managed by Groundwork - it awards grants of between £1,000 and £5,000 to charities, community organisations and voluntary groups for projects which primarily benefit its residents.
- You must be a member of a community, voluntary or charity group;
- You are a charity or constituted group with a governing document in the name of your group /organisation;
- Your group/organisation’s annual income last year was less than £500,000;
- Your group/organisation’s management committee consists of at least 3 unrelated members;
- You are requesting a grant of between £1,000 and £5,000;
- Your project will primarily support Circle or Affinity Sutton residents (i.e. at least 60% of the project beneficiaries will be Clarion residents);
- Your group/organisation has the relevant insurance and policies in place;
- Your project has received written permission from the Landowner if relevant (e.g. for open spaces projects);
- Your project will be completed within 12 months;
- Your group/organisation has not received a grant from this programme during the previous funding round;
- Your group/organisation has met the terms and conditions of any previous grant(s) awarded through this programme.
All projects funded through the programme must engage Clarion Housing Group's residents in positive activities.
All applicants should consider equality and diversity when thinking about how their project will engage the wider community.
We are currently open for applications until Monday 20th November 2017 (12 noon)
To apply for a grant please complete an application form via our online Programme Management System ‘Gifts’. If you have any queries or need any technical support to complete your project application online please contact us on 0121 236 8565.
Guidance/FAQs (Word Document)
Eligibility Quiz and Application Form
Click here to read how a Clarion Community Grant helped to fund the 'Bright Futures' initiative in Northumbria, helping local women grow their confidence and self-esteem through social action.
Find out more about the projects that have already benefited from a Clarion Housing Group grant by clicking on the icons below: