The Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) is funding a programme of support for groups who want to exercise their rights and work toward building the neighbourhood they want.
The advice, support and funding available through the Communities Support Programme offers the tools local communities need to make the changes they want to see. The funding provides local people with the opportunity to:
• Establish community ownership and management of land and buildings
• Establish community enterprise- making sure profit benefits the local area
• Bring about the social changes that matter to the community
• Bring about community-driven solutions to local challenges
• Make things happen- having the power to see the change that they want for their area.
Over the last few years, the programme has been helping to remove all the confusing language and barriers to getting these things done. The My Community Network and Just Act Forum are advice and support networks that put communities in touch with the right technical experts to help their cause, as well as residents from other areas who have already managed to exercise their rights and work toward building the neighbourhood they want.
Groundwork UK administers the grants for the programme but all applications are made via the My Community website.
If you have been awarded a grant, you can access your online account here.