From 2012 to March 2017, Groundwork UK worked in partnership with the DHL UK Foundation to deliver their Transform It! small grants programme.
The programme provided:
The programme was designed to live up to its name and achieve 'transformational' change that benefitted disadvantaged children and young people across the UK. Grants of up to £10,000 were available to fund projects that helped young people and met the following criteria:
• Made a transformational and positive change to the lives of disadvantaged children or young people
• Ensured both value for money and sustainability in terms of durability and maintenance
• Provided DHL employee-volunteering opportunities
• Was a visible project within the local community, with demonstrable impact and;
• Provided opportunities for young people to improve skills and prospects through volunteering activity in their community.
The programme supported:
The programme was open to all DHL employees working alongside a community group and a fantastic variety of community projects from scout huts to boxing clubs benefitted from a Transform It! grant.
The results were:
Read Phil's, Nathan's and Colin's stories to find out more about the projects the the Transform It! programme funded.
Find out more about the projects that benefitted from a Transform It! grant by clicking on the icons below: