Military veterans are nearly twice as likely to be unemployed as the general population in the UK, and for some veterans, the lack of security, camaraderie and routine of a life in the armed forces can make securing a stable and settled career especially challenging.
Operation Re:Org is an employment programme that supports veterans with the transition to sustainable employment in their civilian life.
What we’re doing
Operation Re-Org helps veterans who have struggled to find permanent employment because of difficult personal circumstances, such as physical injuries, mental health problems, substance misuse issues, homelessness or by having a criminal record.
Our employment specialists work with local forces charities to help veterans progress into sustained employment and gain long-lasting positive changes in their personal circumstances such as having a regular salary and routine, the opportunity to learn new skills, increased social interaction and improvements in confidence and feelings of self-worth.
The programme, which is run by Terry Morley, a veteran who served with the 1st Battalion King’s Regiment, includes:
- Personalised assessment to identify support needed and establish goals
- Intensive 1-2-1 mentoring, support and training to build skills and confidence
- Development of a ‘working mindset’ – essential workplace behaviours
- Support to secure employment with 6 months in work support
- Tailored support to secure civilian employment
- Access to training, including accredited courses
Find out more
For more information on this project contact Terry Morley, Veterans Employment Programme Manager
You can also visit the Operation Re-Org Facebook Page
Funders & Partners
This project was made possible thanks to support from: