The ‘Cadent Foundation Green Doctor’ programme will fund Groundwork Green Doctors – energy saving experts – to provide bespoke, tailored advice to help households stay warm, stay well, save money on their household bills and reduce carbon.
The programme will run for three years from 2020 to 2023 with the overall aim of providing 9,000 Green Doctor consultations across regions of the UK with a focus on disadvantaged and vulnerable households.
Participating households will receive a detailed consultation from a Green Doctor (delivered remotely or in person, dependent on an assessment of risk, need, and Covid-19 restrictions), which will combine energy saving advice, referrals to other local support services (e.g. debt advice, food banks), and the installation of small energy saving measures.
- People living on a low income
- People living in debt
- People aged over 65
- People with health issues e.g cardiovascular or respiratory illnesses that would be affected by a cold home
- People with severe mental illness
- People with dementia
- People with disabilities
- Young people and families containing children under the age of 5 (especially single parents)
- Pregnant women
- People in emergency accommodation
- People living in poor housing conditions
CADENT FOUNDATION – GREEN DOCTOR – REFERRAL FORM