Groundwork Greater Manchester
Groundwork Greater Manchester is working to create a greener, more resilient city region with stronger, healthier communities, responsible businesses and enhanced prospects for all local people.
We specialise in the following services and are committed to creating added social value through our delivery:
- Community engagement
- Landscape design & build
- Training & coaching for employment
- Early intervention to support health & wellbeing
- Safe & sustainable business support
We operate across all ten boroughs of Greater Manchester out of four offices; Trafford, Rochdale, Tameside & Wigan.
For general enquiries please email email@example.com or call our Trafford office switchboard on 0161 220 1000.
From 2018-23 we will work to create a sustainable and resilient future for people, places and businesses in Greater Manchester by delivering a range of high quality services and by championing a multisector partnership approach.
We want to create a greener & more resilient city and will do so by:
- A major partner in creating & enhancing our green & blue infrastructure to the benefit of Greater Manchester’s communities.
- Recognised across Greater Manchester as the lead organisation for the delivery of domestic energy advice.
- A centre of excellence for youth environmental social action in Greater Manchester.
- An innovative well-being service provider supporting people to live healthier lives and increase their resilience, whilst reducing the demands on health and social care services.
- A go-to facilitator for Greater Manchester communities; helping them to develop their ideas, mobilise social action, access support and create sustainable projects.
- A leading provider of skills and training programmes across Greater Manchester, supporting people into local and sustained employment, specialising in:
- young people
- care leavers
- people with a criminal record
- military veterans
- A provider of high quality business consultancy services in environment, health & safety and quality.
- A reliable fencing & landscaping contractor.
- A provider of commercial services with embedded Social Value
Between 2018 and 2023 we will deliver for Greater Manchester
- 1,000 community groups provided with advice, funding and practical support
- 1,200 GM businesses supported to reduce their impact on the environment or increase their commitment to the community
- 1,500 people supported into employment, education or training, with a particular focus on ex-offenders, veterans, care leavers and NEET young people
- 450 hectares of green space created or improved – that’s equivalent to more than 750 football pitches!
- 3,500 young people inspired and supported to learn, achieve and develop as more active citizens
- At least 5,000 people of all ages mobilized to give time to social action in their local communities
- 4,500 vulnerable households helped to save money on their bills or stay warm and well in their homes, generating 960,000kg of co2 savings
Click here to read more about our Groundwork Greater Manchester 2018-2023 Vision.
Values & Accreditations
Groundwork in Greater Manchester supports communities to make a difference where it’s needed most; and together we work to improve and protect the local environment that we share.
We embed environmental management into our day-to-day operations which is externally verified through our ISO14001:2015 certification and Carbon Literate Organisation silver award.
We are collaborative, show integrity and strive for quality in everything we do, which is evidenced through our ISO9001:2015 certification.
In addition, we also hold certifications for:
- Disability Confident Employer
- Investors in People
- Constructionline Silver
Groundwork in Greater Manchester is currently made up of three registered charities therefore is governed by three separate boards of trustees; one covering Manchester, Salford, Stockport, Tameside and Trafford one covering Bolton, Bury, Oldham and Rochdale and one which covers Wigan and other regions.
If you require more information on these specific board of trustees please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org respectively.