SALARY: £22,000 to £23,500
HOURS: 37.5 hours a week (part-time hours will be considered)
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed term to Dec 2021 (with potential to extend)
OPERATIONAL AREA: Devon & Cornwall
LOCATION: Plymouth and surrounding area
We are looking to recruit an inspirational Achievement Coach to join our expanding team.
The Achievement Coach works as part of the Devon & Cornwall team utilising an innovative approach to deliver support to NEET – (Not in Education, Employment or Training) Young People working on our Empowering Enterprise project, funded through the European Social Fund and National Lottery Community Fund.
As an inspirational Achievement Coach you will work flexibly to support NEET (Not in education, employment or Training) Young People, aged 18-24 years, to work on confidence, gain skills, build self-esteem and develop motivation. Each young person works with the achievement coach to develop the skills they need to face the challenges in their life and move forward. For some that means starting to look for work or finding employment, for others it is reconnecting with education or training. This exciting project also allows us to provide holistic support to help our participants get back on track. As Achievement Coach you will also help facilitate young people’s development of life skills through sessions such as healthy eating, money management, fitness, team building activities, and social action projects in their local community.
The Achievement Coach will manage a caseload of clients, working together with our team of Coaches and Tutors to deliver meaningful information, advice and guidance, alongside personal development sessions and small group activities whilst maintaining accurate records of participants learning and achievements in accordance with funders guidelines.
- To engage learners onto the Project, through innovative and focused events and marketing
- Provide practical, empathetic support and encouragement to influence positive change within participants through structured mentoring.
- Identify participants’ issues that are affecting their ability to maximise their futures and initiate and sustain strategies/programmes of support that assist people to overcome these barriers.
- Maintain positive relationships with partners, employers and key stakeholders.
- Maintain action plans to support people through each stage of their journey, which include individual meetings, phone calls and other intensive forms of support such as home visits.
- Participate in high quality session planning to meet the needs and interests of the participant, and project aims and objectives as set out by the project funding agreement.
- Work with the delivery manager and colleagues to design programmes of work that are focused on the achievement of funders’ targets: such as the number of people back into education, training or employment.
- Work with Project administrator to ensure the maintenance of internal electronic and hard copy information systems that record relevant client outcomes and support the requirements of funders and partners.
- Ensure compliance with Groundwork South policies in relation to health and safety, equal opportunities, and working with volunteers and young people.
Please note this role requires the successful candidate to have a full UK driving licence and access to your own vehicle for which you will need to be insured for business use. Employees are able to claim back mileage rates as per our Expenses Policy.
In return we offer:
- 25 days per annum plus English Bank Holidays
- A contributory pension scheme
- Scope to continuing development of your professional skills
Groundwork South is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable groups. In line with our Safer Recruitment & Selection Policy and Procedure, successful applicants are subject to references and an enhanced with barred lists disclosure check.
If you wish to discuss the role please contact:
James Baggley – Delivery Manager
A job application pack can be downloaded below. Please send to Laura Dyke on email@example.com.
Closing Date: 1st March 2021
Interview Date: 8th March 2021
CVs will not be accepted. No agencies please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that we reserve the right to close applications early in the event of a large response.
Groundwork South is committed to transforming people’s lives and places through social, economic and environmental action. In terms of development and delivery of these projects we work across three business themes, Parks & Open Spaces, Youth & Employment and Greener Living & Working.
We are committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. To demonstrate our commitment, we have been awarded the Disability Confident Scheme Symbol, which is awarded by the Employment Service. We guarantee an interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the essential criteria for the post. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme please complete the Guaranteed Interview Scheme form (at the top of our current vacancies page) and submit this with your application. We shall ensure fairness and equal opportunities throughout our workforce and in service delivery.
Groundwork South is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age. A copy of our Equality and Diversity policy may also be made available to candidates on request.