|Location:||Hastings and Rother|
|Contract:||Casual, Zero hours|
|Salary:||£16 per hour|
At community charity, Groundwork South, we are changing places, changing lives across the South of England, one green step at a time. Connecting Hastings and Rother Together (CHART) Community Led Local Development (CLLD) Programme is delivering the CHART CLLD Local Development Strategy to support projects that bring a fresh approach to tackling deep-rooted problems in deprived communities within Hastings and Bexhill. As part of the CHART Programme Groundwork South is delivering Greener Futures.
We are looking for casual horticulture trainer to lead on conservation and support volunteers with green spaces improvement activities and work closely with partner organisations. The role is varied and one day you may be delivering a step improvement project in a local wood and the next leading a well-being session at a local allotment. This role will require someone confident to lone work with volunteers in green spaces across Hastings and Rother.
- Plan and deliver horticulture sessions to groups of green space volunteers, trainees, project participants and community groups.
- Blend soft skills development into your sessions to build resilience and confidence with your cohort of learners.
- Develop and lead community based horticulture projects.
- Ensure work is undertaken to a high standard to meet funders and awarding bodies expectations.
- Ensure accurate records of participant eligibility, activity and results is recorded as required by funders and awarding bodies.
- Demonstrate and train trainees and volunteers in the correct use of tools/equipment and safe working procedures.
- Work closely with wider Groundwork South team members to enable volunteers and learners to participate in taster sessions, courses and practical activity, remaining flexible to meet the needs of participants that are vulnerable or have complex needs.
Groundwork South works with communities across the south of England to transform their lives and the places where they live. We have been at the forefront of social and environmental regeneration for over 25 years, and today we have a simple mission: to create better places, improve people’s prospects, and promote greener living and working.
We are passionate about creating a future where every neighbourhood is vibrant and green, every community is strong and able to shape its own destiny, and no-one is held back by their background or circumstances. This vision drives the work that we do. Each year we deliver over 100 innovative projects, tackling the biggest issues facing our communities and creating real and lasting, positive change.
Download the Job Application pack below:
Please send your completed application form, quoting reference SS0322 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information and to discuss the role please contact Shelley Pletsch, Programme Delivery Manager at email@example.com or 07715631766
|Closing date for applications:||Sunday 15th May 2022|
If DBS check is required, include: Appointment to this role is subject to an enhanced records check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Groundwork South is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community.