SALARY: £18,534 per annum (pro rata)
HOURS: 18.5 hours per week
CONTRACT TYPE: Part time
OPERATIONAL AREA: Stoke on Trent and Newcastle Under Lyme
LOCATION: Stoke on Trent
ROLE DESCRIPTION: Community Enabler GRCF JD & PS
FEB21C003 Community Enabler GRCF
We have an exciting opportunity for a Community Enabler to support the ‘Green Team’ employment, training and community volunteering scheme, focusing on practical conservation and environmental renewal in parks and greenspaces.
As part of a wider team the Community Enabler will utilise a range of community development techniques to engage and involve local residents and community groups, as well as working in partnership with voluntary organisations, local authorities, housing associations and corporate organisations to deliver environmental improvements to local greenspaces.
The Green Recovery Challenge Fund is funded by Defra and is being delivered by The National Lottery Heritage Fund in partnership with Natural England and the Environment Agency.
As part of this role you will:
- Organise and deliver community events within the sites suitable for a cross section of the community including families.
- Recruit and engage volunteers to a structured volunteer programme which will develop skills and knowledge whilst delivering conservation activities.
- Support volunteers to become more employable and to support their onward career progression.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety requirements (including Covid-19 safety measures).
- Undertake and support delivery of training designed to link project activities.
You must have experience of recruiting and working with volunteers, delivering conservation projects within communities, as well as having a current UK Driving Licence and have access to your own vehicle.
If you are interested in applying then please submit an up to date CV and covering letter stating how your experience/qualifications meet the requirements of this role to: email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 1st March 2021
An Enhanced DBS check will be required prior to commencement in post