Based in our Employment & Enterprise Team at our offices in Tameside, we are now recruiting for someone to join our ‘Operation Re:Org’ Project who is passionate about supporting local people that have served in the armed forces to develop skills and build new careers. We are looking for an experienced officer with personal experience of the UK Armed Forces, local knowledge of Tameside and a proven track record of coaching and training unemployed people to overcome personal barriers and progress into sustainable employment.
Main purpose of post
- To provide personalised IAG and employability support for a caseload of armed forces veterans to enable them to progress into sustained employment.
- Build local networks to identify veterans resident in Tameside, establish their current needs and signpost them to appropriate local provision and activities.
- To build partnerships with employers to identify a sustained pipeline of job opportunities and build a picture of employer needs.
- To develop and deliver programmes of accredited and non- accredited training for veterans and other unemployed adults to build skills and confidence to support progression into employment or further learning.
The ideal candidate will have
- Relevant teaching and IAG qualifications.
- Experience of delivering accredited training to develop skills and confidence.
- Personal experience of service in the UK Armed Forces or supporting ex-service personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
- Knowledge of local labour market and effective strategies for engaging with employers to meet their recruitment needs.
- Local knowledge of Tameside and connections with the armed forces community.
To apply, email the application form & equal opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Tuesday 3rd December 2019.