Green Start is a new training and employability programme aimed at helping offenders thrive in the ‘green skills’ job market – particularly within construction and land based sectors – following their release from custody.
Working both in HMP Forest Bank and in the community, the post holder will build pathways into employment for Green Start course graduates, following their release from custody, through sourcing vacancies and engagement with Greater Manchester employers operating within the construction and land based sectors in particular.
Working with the Green Start Tutor the post holder will deliver 121 and group sessions focused on developing the employability skills, knowledge and confidence of participants whilst in custody and continuing to provide 121 support through the gate to support successful transition into work.
This post is funded by the City & Guilds Foundation
- To develop and manage network of partnerships with Greater Manchester employers and vocational training providers within the construction and land based sectors to both inform content of planned training programme and source pipeline of job vacancies and opportunities for course graduates following release from custody.
- To deliver employability skills and industry awareness sessions with cohorts of prisoners in HMP Forest Bank.
- Provide individually tailored employment focused 121 support for each course graduate following release from custody.
- To work collaboratively with the prison based Green Start Tutor, prison and probation staff to support a successful transition into life and work for each course graduate.
- Proven experience of delivering job outcomes within a guidance, training or welfare to work environment.
- Experience of working with a range of employers to satisfy their recruitment needs.
- Experience of building and developing networks with employers in construction, land or related sectors.
- Experience of delivering employment support services for people with criminal convictions.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring disadvantaged adults to secure employment.
Please see Job Description above for full details.
Please submit the following documents to: email@example.com before 5pm on the 23rd November 2020, stating the role you are applying for.
To find out more about the role please contact Venetia Knight, Head of Employment & Enterprise.