Green Start is a new training and employability programme aimed at helping offenders thrive in the ‘green skills’ job market – particularly within construction and land based sectors – following their release from custody. Working in HMP Forest Bank the post holder will develop and deliver a mixture of practical, outdoor, group learning and classroom based activities for small cohorts of prisoners over a 9-week training period, focusing on:
- Construction and land management skills
- Carbon literacy and green skills
- Work skills
Working with the Green Start Project Co-ordinator the post holder will work with course graduates to get them ready to access job opportunities following their release from custody.
This post is funded by the City & Guilds Foundation
- To develop and deliver a modular package of training to cohorts of prisoners in HMP Forest Bank to help them prepare for securing jobs on release in the construction and land based sectors.
- To deliver a mixed curriculum of classroom based and practical skills development sessions including a focus on carbon literacy and green skills development
- To recruit course participants from within the prison, conduct initial assessments and develop individual learning plans for each person.
- Conduct regular reviews and 121 support for each person focused on enabling them to progress into employment on release from custody.
- To work collaboratively with the ‘employer facing’ Green Start Project Co-ordinator and prison and probation staff to support a successful transition into life and work for each course graduate.
- Proven experience of delivering high quality accredited and non-accredited training to different groups of adult learners
- Experience of delivering learning and support services for people with criminal convictions
- Experience of planning and developing innovative and flexible programmes of learning
- Experience of providing training to develop practical site based skills
- Experience of training and mentoring disadvantaged adults
Please see Job Description above for full details.
Please submit the following documents to: email@example.com before 5pm on the 23rd November 2020, stating the role you are applying for.
To find out more about the role please contact Venetia Knight, Head of Employment & Enterprise.