Please note – this is Kickstart role, meaning the job is only available to 18-24 year olds living in Greater Manchester who are currently unemployed & on universal credit.
Working with the Communities team at Groundwork you will be supporting delivery across a range of different community engagement, capacity building and environmental projects involving community groups and local residents of all ages. You will be involved in supporting project organisation and delivery as well as promoting available activities. You will also be involved in collection and inputting of data and generating reports to support measurement of project impact. You will be based in Trafford but will be involved in delivering activity at various locations in Greater Manchester.
- Good English and maths skills
- Interest in community development work
- Ability to communicate well with a diverse range of people
- Good ICT skills with a practical experience of using MS Office and social media channels and willingness to learn and use other software packages
- Good verbal and written skills and attention to detail, able to use own initiative
- Aged 18 to 24
- Currently unemployed and receiving Universal Credit
- Resident in Greater Manchester
You will need to be referred for this job vacancy by your Work Coach at Job Centre Plus
Why work for us?
- Groundwork is a company that pays the Living Wage
- Flexible work options – We operate a flexi time system which allows employees flexibility in their hours of work
- Welcoming Environment – We pride ourselves on creating a welcoming work environment and ensure colleagues stay connected through initiatives such as low carbon lunches and volunteering days
- Staff Development – We have a supportive approach to managing our people. All staff have annual appraisals, regular one to ones and access to in-house and external training programmes
- Sustainable Travel & Wellbeing – We actively encourage cycling to work and all of our offices are accessible by public transport. Our office at Trafford Ecology Park is the perfect location for a
lunchtime walk or run, there’s shower facilities and cycle parking on site too
To discuss this role or find out more information including how to apply through your JCP Work Coach please contact :
Liane Kirk, Youth Employment Manager
Mobile – 07867 354 442