SALARY: £28,233.00 per annum
HOURS: 37 hours per week
CONTRACT TYPE: Full time
OPERATIONAL AREA: Birmingham and Coventry
LOCATION: Birmingham and Coventry
ROLE DESCRIPTION: SEPT21E003 Lead Employability Coach – Birmingham & Coventry JDPS
SEPT21E003 Lead Employability Coach – Birmingham and Coventry (Lead Job Coach)
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who has proven work experience with a range of unemployed young people and adults in a targeted environment.
This role involves working on a payment by results project (Restart Project) so it is essential that you can manage your time and prioritise your workload effectively in order to meet given targets.
As part of this role you will:
- Manage project staff ensuring all staff achieve contractual targets.
- Conduct performance management reviews on a regular basis.
- Support staff to maximise on performance and productivity.
- Seek out employment opportunities at new and existing sites of employment;
- Identify and deal with complex customer barriers to employment;
- Identify training and ‘route ways’ to employment;
- Support and manage a caseload of customers when required.
- Engage customers in activities and help them progress into sustainable employment;
- Establish and maintain relationships with individuals referred, undertaking interviews, compiling CV’s, support with applications forms etc;
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with Job centres, partner organisations, employers and funding bodies;
- Maintain accurate and up to date records;
- Report regularly to your line manager on your performance.
You must have proven experience of line managing staff in a target driven industry, developing productive relationships with partners and external agencies and also able to provide high quality employability focused assessment.
This role will require regular travel across the region so you must have a full driving licence with business insurance and access to your own vehicle.
At Groundwork West Midlands we pride ourselves in being a family friendly organisation and offer a competitive salary, a health cash plan scheme, a generous workplace pension and free refreshments. We are committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce.
If you are interested in applying then please send an up to date CV and covering letter stating how your experience/qualifications meet the requirements of this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Thursday 14th October 2021
A Basic DBS and BPSS check will be carried out for this post.