JOIN THE GROUNDWORK TEAM
Groundwork Greater Manchester is a social and environmental regeneration charity that is passionate about creating a future where every neighbourhood is vibrant and green, every community is strong and able to shape its own destiny and no-one is held back by their background or circumstances.
Through our programmes we are responding to the nature and climate emergency and supporting the communities of Greater Manchester to build back better from the pandemic by:
- Supporting young people to bounce back by preparing them for the future, strengthening their resilience, growing their aspirations and ensuring they are more actively involved in their communities and able to influence decision making.
- Supporting greener growth by ensuring that people on our employment programmes have better climate awareness and work-related environmental knowledge and are better equipped to access jobs, particularly green jobs. We are also supporting businesses to adopt more environmentally and socially responsible practises.
- Facilitating the power of communities to respond to the climate and nature emergencies by supporting people to get more involved in climate and nature action, achieve a sustained increase in greener behaviours and build stronger community infrastructure
If you want to work in a values driven team that makes a real difference to individuals, communities and the environment in Greater Manchester, read on.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and inspirational tutor with a passion for the natural environment and sustainable living to develop and deliver environmental education and carbon literacy training to different audiences, including young people aged 16-25.
If you have the passion, skills and experience we would love to hear from you!
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE POST
- To develop, deliver and assess short training courses, workshop and information sessions focused on the natural environment, environmental sustainability, nature-based solutions to climate change and working in the natural environment sector.
- To develop and deliver Carbon Literacy courses, accredited by The Carbon Literacy Trust, for different groups of learners including unemployed young people aged 16-25
- To actively recruit learners for different courses and activities through networks and partnerships
- To support the development of content for new qualifications
- To provide targeted learning support, 121 reviews and mentoring for individual learners accessing provision
We are looking for someone with:
- Proven experience of delivering high quality accredited and non-accredited training to different groups of learners, including young adults .
- Experience of delivering environmental education and practical conservation activities
- Has a teaching qualification and relevant land management, environmental or sustainability qualification
- Full driving licence and ideally access to own car
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please complete the Application Form, ensuring you use the Job Description to carefully outline why you think you are suitable for this post, to email@example.com and title the email ‘Natural Environment Tutor’.
Deadline: 5pm, 13th August 2021