SALARY: £14,000 – £15,500 pro rata (FTE £28,000 – £31,000
HOURS: 18.75 hours per week
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term to 30th June 2022
OPERATIONAL AREA: Surrey & Sussex
LOCATION: Hastings / Rother
At community charity, Groundwork South, we are changing places, changing lives across the South of England, one green step at a time.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Delivery Manager to lead the Greener futures employment project. The project will provide the vital link between residents from the CHART areas of Holington, Ore, Hastings Town Centre, North East Hastings and Central St Leonards and the work, training and volunteering opportunities available to them through Groundwork South’s Employment, Skills and Training programmes. The Delivery Manager will support, coach and mentor Employment Advisors and teams, whilst providing support to the Programme Manager in the delivery of the Employment and Skills Contracts.
The Greener Future employment project is a Connecting Hastings and Rother Together (CHART) Community Led Local Development (CLLD) Programme delivering the CHART CLLD Local Development Strategy to support projects that bring a fresh approach to tackling deep-rooted problems in deprived communities within Hastings and Bexhill. The Programme uses European Structural and Investment Funds. Greener Futures works with local residents who are 18 plus
The successful candidate will have a level 3 or 4 NVQ qualification in Information, advice and guidance or equivalent experience.
- Project manage the Greener Futures project alongside the Area Programme Manager
- Lead, coach and mentor Employment Advisors and Teams on delivery of employment contracts including client engagement and working with them to achieve their training access to training, education and sustainable jobs.
- Support the management and administration of data and records relating to the delivery of the agreed outcomes of the employment programmes. Maintain accurate, auditable records of interaction with clients, including both qualitative and quantitative data in the form of paper based and online/electronic data management systems.
- Work with and encourage workless individuals who may face multiple barriers to their engagement in work or who lack motivation to develop their confidence and belief in the benefits of a working life, and in further education and training.
- Assist individuals to gain entry into employment or training by delivering Groundwork South’s employment contracts and training programmes.
In return we offer:
- 25 days per annum plus English Bank Holidays
- A contributory pension scheme
- Scope to continuing development of your professional skills
Please send to Laura Dyke on ldyke @groundwork.org.uk or post to Riverside Community Centre, Dickens Road, Gravesend, Kent, DA12 2JY. For more information regarding the post, please contact Teresa Flower on Teresa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 17th January 2021
Interview Date: 22nd January 2021
Groundwork South is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable groups. Inline with our Safer Recruitment & Selection Policy and Procedure, successful applicants are subject to references and an enhanced with barred lists disclosure check.
CVs will not be accepted. No agencies please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that we reserve the right to close applications early in the event of a large response.
We are committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. To demonstrate our commitment we have been awarded the Disability Confident Scheme Symbol, which is awarded by the Employment Service. We guarantee an interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the essential criteria for the post. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme please complete the Guaranteed Interview Scheme form (at the top of our current vacancies page) and submit this with your application. We shall ensure fairness and equal opportunities throughout our workforce and in service delivery.
Groundwork South is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age. A copy of our Equality and Diversity policy may also be made available to candidates on request.