SALARY: Circa £25,500 per annum
HOURS: Full time – 37.5 hours per week (Part time and flexible working will be considered)
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term 31st December 2022
OPERATIONAL AREA: Kent & Medway
LOCATION: Riverside Community Centre, Dickens Road, Gravesend, Kent, DA12 2JY
At community charity, Groundwork South, we are changing places, changing lives across the South of England, one green step at a time.
We have an exciting opportunity in Kent to join us as a Senior Outreach & Community Officer helping us deliver a series of integration programmes designed to support migrants (Third Country Nationals) integrate into UK society.
The Senior Outreach and Community Officer will be responsible for recruitment, engagement and registration of refugees and migrants onto the integration programmes. The successful candidate will need a suitable qualification or appropriate experience with working with migrant communities or in community engagement.
Main Duties include:
- Recruitment, engagement and registration of refugees and migrants onto the programme.
- Build partnerships with community and voluntary sector organisations supporting refugees and migrants.
- Work in partnership with stakeholders to deliver community projects that build sustainable, vibrant, healthy and safe communities.
- Support the programme’s participants towards social integration, in life in Kent.
- Use arts, crafts and environmental activities to encourage social connections and confidence
- Plan deliver and monitor community activities.
- In collaboration with ESOL Tutor and the Programme Manager lead the development and execution of a SMART engagement strategy and recruitment plan to engage 100 refugees and migrants onto the programme, according to funder eligibility requirements.
- Actively register refugees and migrants onto the programme, including collecting baseline data and establishing a Personal Integration Plan for each participant.
- Plan and deliver a range of successful interactive and creative recruitment events and sessions.
- Support a caseload of participants throughout their time on the Together programme
In return we offer:
- 25 days per annum plus English Bank Holidays
- A contributory pension scheme
- Scope to continuing development of your professional skills
Please send to Laura Dyke on ldyke @groundwork.org.uk or post to Riverside Community Centre, Dickens Road, Gravesend, Kent, DA12 2JY.
- Closing Date: 15th August 2021
- Interview Date: 19th August 2021
Groundwork South is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable groups. In line with our Safer Recruitment & Selection Policy and Procedure, successful applicants are subject to references and an enhanced with barred lists disclosure check.
CVs will not be accepted. No agencies please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that we reserve the right to close applications early in the event of a large response.
We are committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. To demonstrate our commitment we have been awarded the Disability Confident Scheme Symbol, which is awarded by the Employment Service. We guarantee an interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the essential criteria for the post. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme please complete the Guaranteed Interview Scheme form (at the top of our current vacancies page) and submit this with your application. We shall ensure fairness and equal opportunities throughout our workforce and in service delivery.
Groundwork South is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age. A copy of our Equality and Diversity policy may also be made available to candidates on request.