This project has been part funded by the European Union Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund. Making management of migration flows more efficient across the European Union.
ROLE: Senior Outreach Officer Refugees and Migrants
SALARY: £25,500 per annum
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed Term to 31st December 2022
OPERATIONAL AREA: Sussex & Surrey
LOCATION: Hastings/ Rother
The integration project in Hastings and Rother is designed to support 140 refugees and migrants by assisting them to integrate into UK society through a programme of holistic activities, coordinated and delivered through 3 key areas: Language, Preparation for Work and Cultural/Community activities.
The Senior Outreach Officer leads on the establishment and maintenance of partnerships across the migrant and wider community and also voluntary organisations. They also work with the wider team to deliver various aspects and components of the project.
The successful candidate will have a suitable qualification and/or proven experience of working with and supporting TCN or migrant communities and migrant related organisations. You will have experience of leading, planning and delivering community outreach and engagement activities, working with a wide variety of audiences. You will have the ability to develop and maintain working relationships with key external stakeholders and partners; including pitching to partners, creating partnership agreements, and/or running steering groups.
- Lead the development and execution of a SMART engagement strategy and recruitment plan to engage 140 migrants onto the project, according to funder eligibility requirements.
- Support a caseload of beneficiaries throughout their time on the Hastings and Rother Integration Project.
- Lead stakeholder analysis and mapping to identify key project partners including referral organisations, front line organisations and migrant specific NGOs.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships and partnerships with key external stakeholders and partners.
- Contribute to the planning of migrant consultations or partner steering groups to share best practice.
- Manage, plan and deliver a range of successful interactive and creative recruitment events.
- Undertake all monitoring and evaluation in line with EU funder requirements for the project, keeping accurate and detailed records.
- Line-manage Project Officer/s, Project Assistant/s and Volunteers, developing and monitoring the performance and capacity of the team.
In return we offer:
- 25 days per annum plus English Bank Holidays
- A contributory pension scheme
- Scope to continuing development of your professional skills
Groundwork South is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable groups. In line with our Safer Recruitment & Selection Policy and Procedure, successful applicants are subject to references and an enhanced with barred lists disclosure check.
A job application pack can be downloaded below. Please send to Laura Dyke on email@example.com. For more information regarding the post, please contact Teresa Flower at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 18th January 2020
Interview Date: 25th January 2020
CVs will not be accepted. No agencies please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that we reserve the right to close applications early in the event of a large response.
Groundwork South is committed to transforming people’s lives and places through social, economic and environmental action. In terms of development and delivery of these projects we work across three business themes, Parks & Open Spaces, Youth & Employment and Greener Living & Working.
We are committed to the employment and career development of disabled people. To demonstrate our commitment, we have been awarded the Disability Confident Scheme Symbol, which is awarded by the Employment Service. We guarantee an interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the essential criteria for the post. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme please complete the Guaranteed Interview Scheme form (at the top of our current vacancies page) and submit this with your application. We shall ensure fairness and equal opportunities throughout our workforce and in service delivery.
Groundwork South is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We welcome applications from suitably skilled candidates regardless of ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality, religion or age. A copy of our Equality and Diversity policy may also be made available to candidates on request.