Please note – this is Year of Service role, meaning the job is only available to 18-24 year olds living in Greater Manchester who are currently unemployed & and not in education. The role is a fixed term contract for 9 months.
Working as part of a small delivery team you will be working outdoors across a range of sites delivering environmental improvements in urban green spaces and river valleys in Manchester with the purpose of delivering nature based solutions to climate change, improving biodiversity and access to nature for local people.
- An interest in conservation and landscaping work
- An interest in local and global environmental issues
- Good level of physical fitness and able to work outside in all weathers
- Effective communication and social skills
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Aged 18 to 24
- Currently unemployed and not in education
- Resident in Greater Manchester
You will need to be referred for this job vacancy by your Work Coach at Job Centre Plus.
Why work for us?
- Groundwork is a company that pays the Living Wage
- Flexible work options – We operate a flexi time system which allows employees flexibility in their hours of work
- Welcoming Environment – We pride ourselves on creating a welcoming work environment and ensure colleagues stay connected through initiatives such as low carbon lunches and volunteering days
- Staff Development – We have a supportive approach to managing our people. All staff have annual appraisals, regular one to ones and access to in-house and external training programmes
- Sustainable Travel & Wellbeing – We actively encourage cycling to work and all of our offices are accessible by public transport. Our office at Trafford Ecology Park is the perfect location for a
lunchtime walk or run, there’s shower facilities and cycle parking on site too
To discuss this role or find out more information including how to apply through your JCP Work Coach please contact :
Liane Kirk, Youth Employment Manager
Mobile – 07867 354 442