Please note – this is Year of Service role, meaning the job is only available to 18-24 year olds living in Greater Manchester who are currently unemployed & and not in education. The role is a fixed term contract for 9 months.
Working in partnership with Groundwork Greater Manchester and the Brinnington Big Local Team you will be responsible for co-ordinating the programme of local volunteering activity, including recruitment and support of volunteers and associated administration.
- Understanding of the voluntary sector.
- Interpersonal Communication, the ability to communicate with diverse individuals and groups.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- A high degree of computer literacy including the MS Office Suite – especially MS Excel and Word.
- Solid organisation and time-management skills.
- Local knowledge of Stockport, particularly Brinnington.
- Aged 18 to 24
- Currently unemployed and not in education
- Resident in Greater Manchester
You will need to be referred for this job vacancy by your Work Coach at Job Centre Plus.
Why work for us?
- Groundwork is a company that pays the Living Wage
- Flexible work options – We operate a flexi time system which allows employees flexibility in their hours of work
- Welcoming Environment – We pride ourselves on creating a welcoming work environment and ensure colleagues stay connected through initiatives such as low carbon lunches and volunteering days
- Staff Development – We have a supportive approach to managing our people. All staff have annual appraisals, regular one to ones and access to in-house and external training programmes
- Sustainable Travel & Wellbeing – We actively encourage cycling to work and all of our offices are accessible by public transport. Our office at Trafford Ecology Park is the perfect location for a
lunchtime walk or run, there’s shower facilities and cycle parking on site too
To discuss this role or find out more information including how to apply through your JCP Work Coach please contact :
Liane Kirk, Youth Employment Manager
Mobile – 07867 354 442