HOURS: 37 hours per week – with occasional evening and weekend working*
CONTRACT TYPE: Full time, permanent
OPERATIONAL AREA: West Midlands
LOCATION: Based in Tipton with regular travel across the West Midlands Region*
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to lead on and deliver our National Heritage Lottery Funded (NHLF), Kick the Dust: Future Proof Parks project. The successful candidate will facilitate youth-led activity (including community volunteering) to support the personal, social and emotional development of young people and work with community organisations and VCS groups (particularly friends groups for historic parks and heritage landscapes) to build their capacity to work effectively with young people.
As part of this role, you will:
- Lead young person engagement through outreach and partnership working, seeking to build participation in new locations during the project.
- Build constructive and professional relationships with young people with the aim of supporting their personal and social development.
- Deliver training and development activities for young people to enhance their skills and future prospects.
- Support community groups and VCS organisations (particularly friends of groups) to adopt practices that will encourage more young volunteers to participate.
- Plan, organise and oversee community events / volunteering activities in consultation with young people, partners and the wider community.
- Monitor and evaluate project activities through agreed processes and procedures; to the standard required by Groundwork West Midlands and the funder.
- Deliver project activities in line with minimum standards, meeting the needs of beneficiaries and partners / funders.
- Have experience in the use of social media to update and promote the project as well as experience of online meeting platforms for engaging with young people / other audiences.
- Hold a full driving licence and have access to your own vehicle for business travel, as the role requires regular travel across the region.*
*Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the delivery commitments on the project have changed with a majority of planning and engagement happening remotely. This role is currently home-based; with promotion, planning, admin tasks, meetings and creating resources / content for the programme being generated. Face-to-face engagement and more travel for the project will resume following Government, National Youth Agency (NYA), HLF and Local Guidance.
About Future Proof Parks
This job role is funded by the National Lottery, through the Heritage Lottery Fund. The Heritage Lottery Fund invests money to help people across the UK explore, enjoy and protect the heritage they care about.
Groundwork is partnered with Fields in Trust and the NYA to deliver ‘Future Proof Parks’, a National Lottery Heritage Fund programme – part of the £10m ‘Kick the Dust’ initiative.
The Future Proof Parks project launched in 2018 and is designed to get more young people interested and involved in preserving their local historic parks and green spaces.
The project aims to work with different Friends of park groups every year in order to enable them to work closely with the young people, (aged 11-25 years), to deliver activities and sessions that will benefit the parks, Friends of Park groups as well as the young people.
About Groundwork West Midlands
Groundwork West Midlands is a registered charity with a track record of working in the local community to support local people and places. It is also one the regions foremost environmental regeneration charities and has extensive experience of delivering successful environmental and community projects. We deliver programmes in collaboration with a variety of stakeholders, including local authority, third sector, and housing partners.
If you are interested in applying, please send an up to date CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
An Enhanced DBS check will be required prior to commencement in post.
No agencies please.
Closing date: Midday Friday 23rd October 2020
Interviews commencing from w/c 26th October 2020
Applicants should be aware that interviews may take place online via Zoom